Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day Two - A Short Little Story

Well, I am glad that I did not forget to do this today, and that the post will be published before midnight. I know that "short" and "little" may sound a little redundant, but nevertheless, here is a short little story I heard on the radio this evening:

I was driving to a Christmas concert with my mom, listening to the radio, when a young woman called into Delilah's show. When Delilah asked the girl who she was thinking of this Christmas, the girl said "myself." She went on to say that her life has been in a bit of turmoil lately. Her car "blew up," and had to go to the shop, and when it got out and she went to fill it up with gas, both her credit card and debit card were denied. She began to get frantic, not knowing how to pay for her gas, when the man behind her handed the cashier his card and told him to charge it for the girl's gasoline. The girl called Delilah because, while she did not know the name of her "guardian angel," she wanted to send out a thank you to all people who engage in random acts of kindness. 

I'll briefly reiterate what Delilah said in response. It is very important to engage in random acts of kindness - and if you happen to be the recipient, pay it forward. You'll never know how you may affect somebody's life. 

Have a beautiful evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment